The holiday season is upon us and many of you will be traveling out of Philadelphia International Airport to visit friends and family over the next couple months. To make sure your trip goes smoothly, here are eight things to keep in mind, from a PHL press release:
- Checkpoint C is TSA Pre-Check only. TSA Pre-Check lanes are also located at Checkpoints A-East (Gates A 1-13), and D-E. There is no Pre-Check at A-West, B or F.
- If you are flying American Airlines, check your terminal as well as departure gate before you arrive at the Airport so you know where to check in and go through TSA screening. (American flights depart from Terminals A-West, A-East, B, C and F.)
- Once you are through security, all terminals and gates are accessible. It’s about a 15-minute walk between Terminal F and Terminal C.
- American operates free shuttles between Terminals C and F and Terminals A and F.
- Know the TSA 3-1-1 rule: All liquids, gels, creams, pastes, and aerosols must be 3.4 ounces or less if they’re in your carry-on luggage. (Check tsa.gov for more details.)
- Know your airline’s baggage policy before coming to the airport by checking their website or contacting them directly. If you have a question about airport security or what you can take in your carry-on or checked bags, contact @AskTSA on Twitter and Facebook, or call 866.289.9673.
- The free Cell Phone Lot is conveniently located 1 minute from all bag claim areas. Don’t wait on the roadways for your party to be picked up – simply leave the lot when your passenger is at curb side with luggage ready to be picked up.
- If you see something, say something. Tell a police officer or call 3111 from a white courtesy phone. Safety is everyone’s business.
As a bonus, our Philadelphia Airport parking company suggests skipping the hassle of parking at the airport and instead, making a reservation with us. We’ll drive you to the airport in the comfort of your own car and park it safely for you while you’re away.